Monday 4 February 2013

Night time routine


So I’m sitting here at my computer wondering what my next post will be about, I’ve recently been watching a few night time vlogs and thought I’d give it a crack. I’ve never really stuck to any routine before a quick wash of my face, moisturiser, brush and floss and I was done. But I’ve become very aware of my skin now and seeing as though of come out of my teens there is no excuse for me to have red blemished skin; it’s a result of my laziness/ lack of routine. So researching I’ve seen a lot of people praise and rave about the clarisonic and while it sounds amazing I have super sensitive skin that doesn’t break out per se but dry out and flare up in a rash, it basically flares up eczema on my face which is a pain in the ass to get rid of. And for the price I would hate to go out on a limb only to find that it won’t help my skin, so that wasn’t going to happen.

 So I researched on products and brands and what would be best suited to my skin type which is dry and sensitive. For me it’s important that the product is fragrance and alcohol free and also something that isn’t thick but will allow my skin to breathe otherwise ill end up scratching it of my face whilst I sleep. OUCH! I know but whilst I’m in the land of zz’s my hands do there damage.
So here is what I use and my routine.

Apologies for photo quality using my iphone untill i get a camera :S

1.First up my hair has got to be up and out of my face!

2.Next I use a face wipe I am currently using a alcohol and fragrance free wipe that I picked up at Coles for 2 bucks! I use this to take of my mascara/ eye makeup and also any lip product that I am wearing.

3. At night I use a face Scrub to help to clean my skin, reduce my pores and also get rid of the makeup left in my skin. I use the Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Scrub. This scrub is Alcohol free so it doesn’t dry out my skin too much; it’s got a pleasant soapy smell and has little orange beads which scrub my skin. I have only been using this for 5 days and I can already see a change in my skin, the pores in my checks have reduced and the few bumps on my checks have partially if not completely gone! It also has reduced the redness in the blemishes.



- At Morning I will use a face wash instead of a scrub just because scrubbing my skin to much will dry it out and cause it to break out further. I use the Clean and Clear Essential Self Foaming Facial Wash a liquid consistency in the bottle, turns into foam once it’s pumped through the applicator. Again it’s also light on my skin.






4. I follow this up with Toner also by Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner this is light and again doesn’t dry out my skin too much. I use a cotton ball to apply this to my skin. You could also alternatively use a face pad.

5. After the toner I moisturise and I use Simple Kind to skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser I only use a pea size amount of this which has resulted in this baby lasting nearly half a year. As the name suggests it’s a light moisturiser, even though it’s not thick it still keeps my face moisturised right up until I’m ready to wash my face in the morning.

6. Next I use an eye cream. I’ve always had lines under my eyes and have never been able to shake them, I always thought it had to do with sleep but I’ve now come to realise that they are dry which is only making the lines under my eyes worse! So I use  Swisspers Aloe Soothing Eye Cream I’m not too sure about this cream I haven’t used it long enough to see any results, I looked tirelessly for eye creams and in the end I gave up and got this one, so if this one doesn’t work there’s hundreds of others to choose from.



7. I then of course brush and floss my teeth.


8. I put on a lip balm lately I’ve been using the Maybelline baby lips and my favourite sent of the moment is the mango pie, when I wake up in the morning I can still feel the product of my lips! They feel really nice and smooth definitely hydrated.
 



















So this is the new routine that I’m getting myself into and I must say I’ve been on this for a week and can already notice the difference in my skin. It’s slowly clearing up and my skin is SO much softer!  The only areas of concern for me are my cheeks as they are now the only places I get blemishes and pimples but hopefully that will change. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit and if that is so I have 15 more days before I don’t have to constantly remind myself not to miss a step!

Please make my day don't forget to subscribe!!

Xoxo Glamfortan

3 comments:

  1. nice to see your night routine, thinking i need to structure mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great routine. Mine is so haphazard.
    Following your blog :)
    www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou! trying to get into a rhythm! and thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x