Friday 15 February 2013

DIY project : how to fix smashed compacts.



Check out my BRAND NEW BRONZER, not even used and it is smashed to pieces.  Today after what feels like forever my MUA order finally arrived and eager little me couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I dropped it on carpeted floor thinking it would be ok only to find that it wasn't. So what was I to do? at that time throwing it straight in the bin seamed like a viable option until common sense kicked in, and I thought there must be a way to fix it, I payed for it and haven't even used it.

So a quick Google search lead me straight to my solution and I had everything that I needed to fix it! YAY.


            I shook the compact down to break it into smaller peices.

I added Mentholated Spirits to the Bronzer to create a paste. You could use any alcohol rubbing or drinking, just go for the one with the highest percent of alcohol as this will absorb and dry faster.


 Kind of looks like Chocolate doesn't it?


I put the paste back into the compact after cleaning it. After about 2 hours the alcohol has almost completely absorbed although it did say to wait 12 hours which I did just to be on the safe side.



And this is what it looks like once its dry. And don't worry about the smell of alcohol once its absorbed the smell will disappear. The texture is just the same and it applies just as well, the only difference is it doesn't have the cute design but at least it didn't end up in the bin. You can use this for any compacts be it bronzer,blush or even eyeshaddow.





xoxoGlamfortan



3 comments:

  1. Great idea Tan :o)

    This is one of my favourite bronzers, I'm glad you were able to save it.

    Thanks for the tip :o)

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so handy pitty throwing away product because its smashed! I know im loving this bronzer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea, very useful!
    Juliet
    www.apurplesky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x