Monday 11 February 2013

Quick contour and Highlight

I'm constantly reading blogs and watching vlogs looking for inspiration, how to's and to see what products everyone's raving about but as of late of been looking for eye tutorials and contouring and highlighting because apparently everyone does it! While I am still experimenting and learning I feel as though I've got the basics and while I can't explain how, there a millions of others out there who can, all you have to do is type it into Youtbe and bob's your uncle there a tons of how to's. I'm going to break this into two separate posts this one about contour and highlighting and the next one one a bronze smokey eye.

So why Contour and Highlight I hear you ask, well Contouring adds dimension to your face, so for the moment I contour my nose to make it appear smaller and to make it look straight. By applying concealer around the edge of your nose then bringing it up into a triangle shape it highlights the upper check area eliminating dark circles around your eye, it also makes your nose stand out. But don't freak out where not finished.

 This doesn't really show how it looks as I've used my sister who is lighter than I am. You want to use a concealer that's a shade lighter than you're foundation. Turns out my concealer was the perfect colour for her but you get my drift.

Okay so back to the nose apply a highlighter powder or cream directly down your nose, its going to give the impression that your nose is super straight. You want to highlight areas that you want to enhance, you could highlight your cheek bones and your brow bone but for me this is what I'm sticking to. Make sure to set it with a transparent powder or you could alternatively use your face powder.

Moving onto Contouring, by contouring your face your making it appear thinner and who dosent love that it also adds nice depth and dimension. So starting with a bronzer you want to make a fish face by sucking your cheeks in to reveal your cheek bones, then starting at your ear swipe the bronzer down underneath the bone.



Next using a blush, starting at your ear again swipe the blush above the bronzer.


Now smile really big and brush some blush onto the apple of your cheeks.


Next you want to blend the bronzer and the blush into each other. I used the real techniques contour brush .


This is just an introduction into contour and highlighting there really is so much more that you can do, this is how I contour and highlight my face it may be wrong but it works for me. If you haven't tried this before I encourage you to as it can really make a huge difference to your face!


Products used :
- Maybeline concealer shade 20 Sand Sable
- Essence fix & matte! translucent loose powder
- Essence My base Illuminating Make-up Base.
- Amuse Bronzer in Light Tan
- Rimmel London Autumn Catwalk 3 in 1 Powder Blush
-Real Techniques Contour Brush



                                                        Thanks for reading ;)




xoxoGlamfortan

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic tutorial Tan :o)

    Your sister looks lovely.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! thought I'd try a tutorial instead of hauls and reviews x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x