Thursday 20 December 2012

Nail Polish Review


Hey Guys, sorry about the wait haven’t been at the computer much I've been living at work! Oh well just think of the money and what I will buy with it! Well I have all of these new products that’s I've sampled here and there but I haven’t had the opportunity to do a proper review and I've dedicated my day of to do it! So as you can see from my previous blogs I've bought a lot of new products that I've done quick swatches of so I’ll start off  with  my nail polishes. From my last haul post (read it here) I bought 9 nail polishes the midnight collection and the discounted savvy  essence and Orly polishes. I’ll start with the midnight collection by Models prefer, as I said before the colours remind me of vampires  they've all got a darkish tone to them and I probably won’t wear them out till the cooler months. First colour in the pack is Hickery dickery at first glance with all the colours they all look the same colour so hopefully when there on my nails they’ll look different. This colour is a really dark blue it’s not until I lifted it to the light that I saw the hue but on my nail it looks black.


Sorry in advance pictures aren't the best quality i had to put flash on so that the colours would turn up



The next colour is late night kiss, at first glance it looks maroon hopefully when applied to the nail it looks that colour, Yes it does! It’s a really nice rich maroon colour I actually have another nail polish similar to this that has glitter in it that I picked up in cosmetics plus.


Hourglass, this colour has a purplish hue to it, you can slightly see the redish tone to it heres what it looks like



Midnight Madness, this one looks similar to hourglass it’s got a darker purple tone





Last colour is Starlight this colour is definitely black which is good I've been meaning to get more black nail polish


While I like the darker richer tones I'm glad I bought the pack and not just because it was reduced to 5 bucks! I usually don’t go for darker colours but I quite like a few of these namely Midnight Madness and Late night kiss. In comparison they all look near the same colour black! So next time I might try putting a white under coat on them and see if that will bring out the colour more.


My Next polish is Grape Jelly by Savvy, now this pastel colour polish is right up my alley I love bright colours and wild patterns and this is now my current colour on my toes it’s pretty pigmented 2 coats is all I need for a nice full colour. Love the nail polish love the colour.




Still sticking with savvy this is the nail polish I picked up for 20c in the colour flaming blue, ever since a girlfriends party she loaned me a colour similar to this and I’ve been on the hunt for a similar one, and of course things always turn up when you’re not looking for them. At first glance it looks really dark but it’s a really nice dark blue with a bit of shimmer to them definitely a colour I’ll wear out for when I hit the town.




Next is the Orly nail polish in walk down the aisle at first the colour isn’t really that attractive it actually reminds me of snot but once it’s applied it’s actually a nice shimmer that would be suitable on its own or on top of a darker colour I’m thinking it would look nice on top of the midnight collection.



                        Starlight by Models Prefer with the Orly nail polish in Walk down the aisle


And finally last but not least Essence nail polish in on the bright side, this is a really nice fun bright colour definitely to be worn in spring/summer 2 coats will get you a nice even colour.



And before the end of this post I applied essence express dry drops, this little bad boy is now a must every time I put nail polish on, it claims to dry polish within seconds and it does exactly that! Gone are the days flailing my arms around waiting for my polish to dry! I’m really happy with those polishes not just the colours I got but also the price, sometimes it does pay to shop around and it doesn’t always have to be the most expensive brand that’s the best. Definitely worth $7.90 I paid for the 9 polishes I got. I definitely suggest buying nail polishes in packs not only to save you a few extra pennies but for the variety, who knows maybe a colour you once thought was hideously outrages, or to bold for you turns into be a regular polish. Sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go for it! If first you don’t succeed try try again! Well tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity to stock up on some fun spring/summer colours.

p.s my lusthaveit box arrived today ill post a review later in the day

Xoxo Glamfortan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x