Tuesday 12 March 2013

Allergies

Allergies are no joke and in most cases are quite litteraly LIFE or DEATH. Nut allergies are the most common and severe food allergies and affects 1 percent of the worlds population, there are about 7 Billion people on the earth 1% of that is 67,959,719 people in the world that suffer with this allergy. And fortunetly for a few as little as 10% of those people will grow out of it.One thing that has becoming more of a habit for me is reading the labeling on everything simply because that's where i'll find it, if there's an allergen in the product then that is usually the only place that its stated. Today I received my HERFASHIONBOX (leave me a comment if you'd like to see a review) and was excited by a soap product that was in the box, I took it out held it and smelled it, read the ingredients on the box and immediately threw it away!

Now days nuts are added to most beauty products such as moisturisers, facial washes, soaps and even wax! I understand that it is the responsibility of a person to always read the labeling but allergens should always be in bold so that they can easily be identified. On this particular packaging there wasn't even a separate section that listed possible allergens, it wasn't even in bold to highlight it making it easily missed! What i'm trying to say here is that you can never be to careful when it comes to allergies. Luckily for me nothing happened but usually touching the allergen or even smelling it is enough to set of a reaction. I either get swollen and itchy eyes and lips with a slight tingling in my throat OR I could go straight into ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK which is absolutely no joke. For those of you who don't know what that is its basically a severe allergic reaction that results in a sharp drop in blood pressure and breathing difficulties due to that fact that your throat litteraly closes up! Please share this with people with allergies of all types not just nuts as you can see its far more serious than it seems. I would hate to see someone have a reaction simply because it wasn't stated clearly on the label or they didn't take the time to read it.



xoxoGlamfortan

3 comments:

  1. I'm not allergic to nuts, but some eyeshadows give me allergic reactions. ... not fun... i feel your pain :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have allergies even more so since I take chemo drugs which lower my natural immunity.

    I have to be so careful what I use and have become an avid label reader.

    Good Post!!

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I know so important to know what's in the product your using! X @steph that sucks about eyeshadow a there's nothing worse then trying a product then having a reaction to it x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x