Monday 16 September 2013

How I Relax My Hair.

Every 3-4 months I relax my hair and basically it relaxes my curly roots and makes them straight. The relaxer changes the chemical structure of my hair and last as long until my hair grows out which is 3-4 months and then of course I repeat the process again.

The only preparation that I do is leave my hair unwashed for 2-3 days as the relaxer works best on 'dirty' hair and try not to touch my scalp, any sores or abrasions that I have on my scalp will burn like a mother so that means no scratching or rubbing my scalp.

I used to get my hair relaxed at the hair dressers, however since she moved away I now order the boxes online of amazon.
 Here are the contests of the kit

 Olive oil Edge Control.  You place this around the hair line to protect your skin.


 Olive Oil Relaxer Base

 Activator


To create the relaxer creme you mix the base with the activator and mix it together to create a smooth paste. Then sectioning the hair into 4 parts ( two at the front and two at the back) I begin to apply the product to my roots and where ever the relaxer has grown out. It's important to only apply it to this area as you will over process your hair on pre-relaxed hair which can cause the hair to break or even fall out. The first time that you relax your hair you apply it to the whole hair, however subsequent treatments require you to only apply it to the re-growth.




Here I've applied the relaxer to my roots, avoiding the ends.


Processing time is 20-30 minutes after that it's time to rinse the hair with warm water. Using the shampoo to rinse the product of my hair. Then using the replenishing pack this works as both a conditioner and a neutralizer, it effectively neutralizes any residual chemicals that haven't been washed away with the shampoo and softens the hair. Usually I do get someone to do it for me but its just as easy to do it for myself. And now for the next 3 months or so I can enjoy relatively straight hair that wont fluff into a ball and shaves half the time it takes for me to straighten my hair!

xoxoGlamfortan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x