Wednesday 8 May 2013

Half way through spending ban.



So as you guys know I'm on a 30 day makeup spending ban so that's NO NEW makeup for the next month! I went into this feeling pretty confident that I could last the month without purchasing any makeup and  I'm happy to say that I haven't purchased any makeup!... so far. That's not to say I haven't been tempted. I think the 40% off sale at priceline which I'm sure everyone made a special trip to priceline for was a day or two after I started my ban so you can imagine I was like noooooo! you fool but the sensible side in me was like think of the makeup you didn't buy and the money you didn't waste on products you didn't need. And to be honest I really only purchase something if I've seen reviews or heard good things about, so I haven't actually been lusting over anything, there really wasn't anything that I wanted to buy. Although I was a tad envious reading over everyone's purchases.

If you can remember there were a couple of things I wanted to accomplish with this ban and they were 1. to not so easily justify a spend. 2. Replenish my bank account. 3. Only purchase products when I really want/need them. So I have actually been putting more money away into my savings so that gets a big tick. Not purchasing products has really made me question whether I really want a product and I think i'll be taking this attitude with me once the ban is over, it will certainly stop a few unneeded purchases and thus leads to me not so easily justifying a spend. It's also encouraged me to use all of the products I own, some that I hadn't used before and some I didn't really know how to use and in turn I have finished a few products! So that's been really good.

 Since most of my money hasn't been going on makeup its been going towards things that I really need like clothes, firstly I clean my clothes out on a regular basis like say at the end of every month. I see no point in hoarding them if I don't wear them and if my Mum or sister don't want them then its off to a thrift shop they go! So by the end of the month I'm rotating the same few items together and then i'll wail ' I NEED NEW CLOTHES!' but I always put it of as 1. I can't find what I'm looking for 2. I can't be bothered to go in the change room and try clothes on or 3. I get excited try something on only to realise I look terrible in it :( And that's the thing with makeup it isn't discriminative of size or shape one size fits all no fat days which is probably why I'm like stuff it ill go buy some makeup! But in saying that I have bought clothes which really is something I need.

So so far so good! It is actually a little over half way I've got 11 days left and today a priceline voucher came in the mail! I certainly won't go out like a crazy woman and buy makeup the day the ban ends but I will become more cautious.

xoxoGlamfortan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for your comment! Dont forget to follow me on bloglovin x